In response to the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) pandemic and ensuing Executive Order No. 2020-07 as extended by the Governor of the State of Illinois, the City of Sesser has created the COVID-19 Local Business Stabilization Grant Program to assist Qualifying Business Owners who were conducting commercial business operations within the City of Sesser as of March 16, 2020.
All applicants must meet the following criteria in order to meet the requirements of a “Qualifying Business Owner”.
- Must an authorized business pursuant to any and all applicable City of Sesser ordinances.
- Must be registered business entity (including but not limited to, a sole proprietorship, corporation, partnership, limited liability company, limited liability partnership, or other legal entity) within the State of Illinois, Franklin County or other state or municipal governmental body.
- Must be a private, for-profit or fraternal organization, with sales of goods, general services or other professional services to the public.
- Must own or lease property within the corporate boundaries of the City of Sesser.
- Must have commenced commercial activities on or before March 16, 2020.
- Must be in good financial standing with the City of Sesser (no outstanding tax debts)
$30,000 has been budgeted for this grant program.
Grant funds will be eligible to be used for reimbursement of the following approved operating costs which occurred between March 16, 2020 and May 30, 2020:
- Lease payments
- Mortgage payments
- Utility service payments
- Employee wages
- Vendor/inventory payments
Each Grant awarded to an Qualifying Business Owner through application to the Grant Program shall be on a first-come-first serve basis, and limited to a single, lump-sum maximum in accordance with the following three (3) grant levels.
Level 1 – $500: Available to fully opened essential businesses not required to close by Executive Order No. 2020-07
Level 2 – $1,000: Available to business that have had limited operating ability. (required to limit services and normal operations)
Level 3 – $1,500: Available to non-essential businesses which have been forced to close in their entirety by Executive Order No. 2020-07.
All Qualifying Business Owners are invited to apply for a Program Grant at the rate of one (1) Grant per Qualifying Business Owner per property, subject to availability of funds and approval of the City. The City of Sesser reserves the right to award Grant funds only to those applicants whom it deems to be compliant with the terms of the Grant Program and that the City believes is in the best interests of the citizens of the City of Sesser.
- Complete the Program Application, including all required attachments or supplemental information, and submit everything to City Hall. All applications will be reviewed and approved or denied by consent of the Mayor and attested to by the City Clerk, which shall constitute City Council approval.
- The applicant must be confirmed to have met all the requirements to qualify as a Qualifying Business Owner to the City’s satisfaction.
- All submitted costs must be verified to have occurred within the eligible time frame and to be for eligible activities in accordance with the terms of the program to the satisfaction of the City.
- The eligible grant award shall be paid to the Qualifying Business Owner by the City within ten (10) business days following approval of application.
- If the City rejects a Program application, a written explanation will be provided to the Applicant. The Applicant may then revise and resubmit the Application for a second review.